A construction company located in Lebanon and Libya is looking to hire an Accounting Manager with mandatory previous experience in Construction/Contracting/Engineering firms.
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; and preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts and defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy and applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation, enforcing accounting regulations, and recommending new procedures.
- Protects the organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Developing budgets
- Legal compliance
- Tracking budget expenses
- Managing processes
- Reporting research results
- Management proficiency
- Attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in accounting in the construction field
- CPA preferred
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
This is a contract-basis job (1 year) based in Beirut, with frequent trips to Libya.