Are you a foodie?
Are carbs your best friend?
Do you aspire to spend your day among delicious treats?
What would you do to achieve that?
Here’s an idea! How about joining our ranks as an Industrial Baker?!
East and West Enterprise is not only presenting you with the opportunity to do that, but to also live and flourish in Sunny Australia!
We are seeking an Industrial Baker who has the capacity to achieve the department growth strategy by using their understanding of ingredients and food preparation to craft recipes and create baked goods.
The Industrial Baker will be tasked with:
• Achieving budgeted sales, GP targets and shrinkage budgets (as communicated by management)
• Opening, maintaining the presentation and setting up of the Department
• Checking stock received and putting it away
• Checking actual deliveries against delivery order
• Organizing raw materials including, flour, yeast etc.. and making sure they are kept in accordance with best practice.
• Preparing and maintaining mix recipes for all products to be baked and sold
• Completing costing for all products to be prepared and sold
• Maintaining equipment to the highest standard by ensuring that regular maintenance is completed and repairs are reported to management
• Baking products daily for expected sales, aiming to sell all stock in the same day
• Ensuring that mix and raw material wastage is as per target
• Baking savory, sweet, and any special products
• Decorating products as required
• Performing regular stocktakes within department and investigate discrepancies
• Providing feedback to Store Manager on customer demands
• Maintaining a high level of customer service ensuring standards are high and customers complaints resolved in an efficient manner
• Ensuring that the correct volume of products are ordered, including promotional stock
• Liaising with suppliers
• Arranging and attending formal weekly meeting with Store Manager (and owner if available)
• Accurately recording markdowns and displaying ‘Reduced for Quick Sale’ stock
• Handling all tickets and price changes for the Department and ensuring ticketing and pricing is accurate and up-to-date on fixtures
• Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) policy.
• Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations where applicable.
• Ensuring that all Government legislation is complied with.
• All direction from Store Manager and Owner are complied with.
• Controlling shrinkage by:
o Ordering minimum quantities more frequently in line with sales.
o Monitoring stock levels, rotating stock effectively and action markdowns according to instruction from Store manager and Owner
• Determining and ordering stock for department by order date schedule ensuring:
o Quantity is reflective of sales patterns
o Investment buy opportunities are recommended to owner
o Identifying deleted lines and clearing
o Identifying new lines and adding in
Key Performance Indicators
• Department’s Sales Performance Customer Feedback
• Weekly Sales Targets
• Shrinkage Results 5%
• As part of GP target 40%
• Stock on Hand Benchmark based on maximising frequency of delivery, minimum quantity required ordered ensure stock freshness.
• Applicable after achievement of AWS
• Gross Profit 40%+
• If above sales and GP are consistently achieved, then role with share in bonus paid quarterly based on 1% of sales
• Slow lines
• Promotional line performance