Does a juicy piece of steak sound like perfection embodied?
Do you want to share your love of meat with the world?
Do vegans get on your nerves?
Then you should join us as a Butcher where your expertise can be used to deliver quality meat to the world!
East and West Enterprise is presenting a lucky Butcher with the opportunity to do what he loves in the land down under!
The Butcher will be responsible for achieving the growth strategy for his department while being tasked with:
• Achieving budgeted sales, GP targets and shrinkage budgets (as communicated by management)
• Maintaining the presentation and setting up of the Department
• Checking stock received and put away, checking temperature and logging
• Checking actual deliveries against delivery order
• Organizing carcass and quarters and making sure they are kept in accordance with best practice.
• Preparing and maintaining pack sizing details in scales for all items
• Completing costing for all products to be prepared and sold
• Maintaining equipment to the highest standard by ensuring that regular maintenance is completed and repairs are reported to management
• Cutting products daily for expected sales, aiming to sell all stock within 2 days
• Ensuring that excess stock is reused in mince or sausages
• Performing regular stocktakes within department and investigate discrepancies
• Providing feedback to Store Manager on customer demands
• Maintaining a high level of customer service ensuring standards are high and customers complaints resolved in an efficient manner
• Liaising with suppliers
• Arranging and attending formal weekly meeting with Store Manager (and owner if available)
• Accurately recording markdowns and displaying ‘Reduced for Quick Sale’ stock
• Handling all tickets and price changes for the Department and ensuring ticketing and pricing is accurate and up-to-date on fixtures
• Ensuring good quality products are on display at all times
• Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) policy.
• Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations where applicable.
• Ensuring that all Government legislation is complied with.
• All direction from Store Manager and Owner are complied with.
• Controlling shrinkage by:
o Ordering minimum quantities more frequently in line with sales.
o Monitoring stock levels, rotating stock effectively and action markdowns according to instruction from Store manager and Owner
• Determining and ordering stock for department by order date schedule ensuring:
o Quantity is reflective of sales patterns
o Investment buy opportunities are recommended to owner
o Identifying deleted lines and clearing
o Identifying new lines and adding in
Key Performance Indicators
• Department’s Sales Performance Customer Feedback
• Weekly Sales Targets
• Shrinkage Results 5%
• As part of GP target 40%
• Stock on Hand Benchmark based on maximising frequency of delivery, minimum quantity required ordered ensure stock freshness.
• Applicable after achievement of AWS
• Gross Profit 40%+
• Slow lines
• Promotional line performance