Fruits and Veggies are all the hype nowadays!
Want to be the person everyone goes to for that fresh goodness?
Want to contribute to making people’s lives healthier?
If the answer is yes, then you might be the person we’re looking for!
East and West Enterprise is seeking a Fruits and Vegetables Manager for a supermarket chain in Sydney, Australia.
The successful candidate will be tasked with:
• Achieving budgeted sales, GP targets and shrinkage budgets (as communicated by management)
• Maintaining the presentation and set up of the Department
• Ordering stock in line with sales and range.
• Putting away and checking stock received
• Checking actual deliveries against delivery order
• Ensuring that stock fulfillment discrepancies are resolved with suppliers and credits obtained.
• Providing feedback to Store Manager on customer demands
• Maintaining a high level of customer service ensuring standards are high and customers complaints resolved in an efficient and timely manner
• Ensuring that the correct volume of products are ordered, including promotional stock, while also making sure there is no excessive ordering, this will ensure freshness.
• Liaising with department suppliers
• Ensuring that department is always clean and any maintenance requirements are brought to the attention of the Store Manager
• Arranging and attending formal weekly meeting with Store Manager (and owner if available)
• Accurately recording markdowns and displaying ‘Reduced for Quick Sale’ stock.
• Handling all tickets cost and retail price changes weekly for the department and ensuring ticketing and pricing is accurate and up-to-date on fixtures.
• Minimizing shrinkage by ensuring good quality products are on display at all times
• Assisting in developing and implementing the business plan for the Department
• Identifying and filling out of stocks from storage
• Ensuring stock is rotated in department
• Placing and recording all distressed (damaged, stolen, out of date) stock in the designated area of the back dock
• Liaising with store manager to ensure that appropriate Retail Associates are rostered on when not available to complete task of this role.
• Ensuring compliance with Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) policy.
• Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations where applicable.
• Ensuring that all Government legislation is complied with.
• All direction from Store Manager and Owner are complied with.
• Controlling shrinkage by monitoring stock levels, rotating stock effectively and actioning markdowns according to instruction from Store manager and Owner
• Determining and ordering stock for department by order date schedule ensuring:
• Quantity is reflective of sales patterns
• Investment buy opportunities are recommended to owner
• Identifying deleted lines and clearing
• Identifying new lines and adding in
Key Performance Indicators
• Customer Feedback
• The following must also be achieved:
o Shrinkage (Markdown and wastage) results 3% or less
o Stock on Hand Benchmark – Just in time based on sales requirement with real margin of 50%
o Slow lines dealt with promptly
o Clean department, including display trays, bins, produce prep, and cool room