We are looking for a qualified senior architect to join out team as a part timer.
Senior Architects are Architects with extensive industry experience. They typically work in offices and onsite, ensuring the cohesion of their team, and overall project success. A Senior Architect is responsible for producing high quality project deliverables. A Senior Architect can work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
• Prepare project specifications and pinpoint requirements.
• Participate with the project team to understand/establish project goals and objectives including workplan, project schedules, budget parameters, while ensuring the highest product quality.
• Prepare and oversee the preparation of concept, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
• Develop and oversee the development of design concepts into complete design development set and further advance into complete construction drawings.
• Research and maintain knowledge of various engineering disciplines, application methods, and materials.
• Review and understand applicable building codes and other standards.
• Ensure all plans are compliant with governmental health and safety regulations.
• Assist with the timely submittal of drawings to the appropriate authorities having jurisdiction.
• Sign and seal drawings as needed.
• Oversee material research and compilation of project data and incorporation throughout the project.
• Lead team with complex project designs, resolve drawing discrepancies and other technical opportunities.
• Ensure the team works together to achieve set goals and targets.
• Monitor the work of other Architects and make recommendations or scheduling workshops as required.
• Act as a mentor to new Architects and help them fine-tune their design skills and improve their industry knowledge.
• Provide guidance to subcontractors like builders, plumbers, and electricians, and help them interpret design specifications.
• Attend construction meetings and make periodic site observation visits as required.
• Liaise with clients to ensure all issues are addressed in a timely manner, and that project requirements are met.
• Degree in Architecture from a reputable university
• Licensed Architect
• At least 7 years of experience as an Architect
• Experienced in Material selection and detailing
• Good Project Management Skills
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
• Brilliant interpersonal and networking skills.
• Detail-oriented and highly analytical.
• In-depth understanding of CAD and AutoCAD software.
• Deadline-driven and dedicated to excellence.