We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans. The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
• Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions.
• Direct the day-to-day accounting operations including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger.
• Develop, implement and maintain accounting and administrative policies and procedures for a wide-ranging set of activities including financial accounting, reporting and other corporate policies as requested.
• Oversee operations of the finance and accounting department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
• Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically update the organization’s accounting manual
• Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel and oversee all audit and internal control operations.
• Generate KPIs and other Financial reports for Management.
• Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the COO; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and produce monthly budget versus actual reports.
• Manage liquidity risk.
• Maintain banking relationships & negotiate financing.
• Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement and seek out methods for minimizing financial risk to the company.
• Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports and present financial reports to board members, stakeholders, executives, and clients in formal meetings.
• Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation.
• Collaborate with other department heads about budget, commercial opportunity, capital expenditure, investment opportunity, and divestments.
• Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
• Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Liase with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
• Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit/accounting firms and review firms’ performance.
• Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
• Develop, implement and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice.
• Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
• Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
• Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management.
• Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
• Proven experience as a Financial Manager
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus