- BA in Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as accountant
in construction field.
1. Open an address book for each customer and ensure that no duplicate addresses are recorded on the database.
2. Ensure that the information pertaining to the credit limits and payment terms of clients is entered on the system as per the approval obtained.
3. Comply with the financial policies and procedures of the finance function.
4. Prepare proper and accurate accounting journal entries based on valid and complete information as well as supporting documents.
5. Respond to all the inquiries of internal and external auditors.
6. Timely issue the accounts receivable aging report and ensure that proper and complete follow-up is performed on customers’ outstanding balances.
7. Properly and according to the pre-set financial policies calculate and record the allowance for doubtful debts.
8. Book credit and debit memos based on approved supporting documents.
9. Properly and timely prepare all accounting entries related to the activities within his scope.
10. Respond to the requests and inquiries of the Financial Accounting Section Head in respect to the information contained in the suppliers’ payment schedule.
11. Ensure that check preparation is being performed accurately and timely. In addition, he/she should ensure that all payments being prepared are supported with proper documentation.
12. Prepare reconciliation for specific suppliers’ accounts and ensure to clear the reconciling items before preparing any journal entry.
13. Prepare payment request.
14. Check bank statement.
15. Perform JV entries.
16. Check and control of the petty cash
- Excellent computer skills to include expertise in
spreadsheets and ERP system (preferably JD
- Create clear, concise, proper and accurate
accounting entries as well as working-papers.
- English, Arabic & French.
- Be self motivated
- Be accurate
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be a team player
- Maintain confidentiality