Under the supervision of the Financial Manager, the Accountant assists in the daily operations of the accounting department.
Summary of Accountant Job Duties:
• Receives, Reviews and Controls Purchases orders (ensures that PO’s and invoices are matched)
• Prepares Journal Vouchers
• Reconciles clients/suppliers accounts/statements
• Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and making approval prior to payment
• Prepares and processes invoices, cheque requests and contract payments
• Matches invoices to cheque, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute cheque accordingly.
• Controls inventory transactions
• Petty cash payments and vouchers
• Insures the preparation of the payment certificate
• Updates L/G schedules and Accounts
• Updates L/C schedules and Accounts
• Follows up on fixed assets
• Maintain on monthly basis all equity accounts and schedule.