Brief Description: To perform daily accounting tasks and help the accountant to run smoothly and meticulously the accounting department, ensuring transparency and efficiency in all transactions, following accounting best practices. Reporting to Accountant.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Fact-checking invoices for payment and processing. (with suppliers) Ensuring accuracy of records and amounts.
• Fact-checking of export sales invoices, ensuring accuracy of records and amounts. (prices, terms, item codes, warehouses, etc.)
• follow up on collection with local sales reps.
• Update & enter financial transactions into internal databases
• Supervise and audit monthly stock count, analyze inventory for any variation if any not matching with records in the system & inventory roll forward.
• Assist accountant in month and annual-end closing, prepare journal entries as necessary.
• Assist Accountant in quarterly and annual audits and help in resolving errors.
• Assist Accountant in drafting NSSF & MOF financial records.
• Reviewing bank statements, fees, charges and tallying records.
• keep petty cash for expense payments.
• Prepare quarter and annual reports of Salaries and wages tax.
• Prepare monthly CNSS reports to be paid.
• Check and process payroll entries.
• Keep foreigner workers files.
• submit various weekly/monthly reports.
Skills & Experience
• Two to three years of proven accounting/bookkeeping (industry background preferred) as an Accounting Assistant.
• Familiarity with MOF standard accounting practices, rules & regulations
• Good math skills and the ability to spot numerical errors, detail oriented.
• Data entry and word processing skills.
• Good English verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills; able to prioritize.
• Math skills, Hands-on experience with MS Excel, Microsoft products and accounting software.
• Organization skills, Team player Excellent performance under pressure.
• BSc/Ba in Accounting
• Capacity to multi task, self-motivated and self-directed.