Position Title: Chief Financial Officer
Our client is a power plant infrastructure developer and operator within the power industry including power generation, transmission & distribution. We are currently seeking to recruit a CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER to oversee the finances for a 70MW Captive Power Plant based in, Basra Governorate, Iraq.
Reporting to: Regional Director EMEA Job description:
- Closely coordinate with Group CFO on oversight matters which includes internal audit, business risk assessment and strategic planning.
- Ensures that accounting and finance policy and procedures is consistently aligned with Group standards and practices.
- Manage the accounting, controlling and finance functions of the Plant.
- Direct accounting policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Recommend improvements to the Group to ensure the integrity of a companyâ€™s
- Manage or oversee the relationship with independent auditors and government tax
- Collaborate with the Group CFO on technology decisions.
- Oversee the financial systems implementations and upgrades.
- Manage relationships with investors and investment institutions.
- Identify and manage business risks and insurance requirements.
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting and finance staff.
- Operational CFO
- Can engage well with Senior Managers and Group Officers.
- Hands on and can work in a lean organization.
- High level of understanding in ERP operation.
- Possess knowledge of GAAP and IFRS rules.
- Strong in controlling and financial planning function.
- MS tools
- Minimum 10 yearsâ€™ progressive experience in finance and accounting roles, the last 3 years in senior leadership positions.
- Exposed working in Multinational companies
- CPA or Chartered Accountant is required, MBA preferred.
- Fluent in English and Arabic
- Previous Iraq Experience
- Previous experience with power plants, utilities, construction, or other large infrastructure companies
Please email your resume.