Inspiring and engaging. We currently have an opening for a position of Education Counsellor in our office in Hamra.
As an Education Counsellor, you will make a difference in students' life. You will be responsible for converting inquiries from students who are interested in studying in the UK.
What is in it for you:
• Be part of an energetic, international and dynamic team always working together to achieve the best of what we can offer
• Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within the company
• Long service awards which increase with length of service
• Most importantly, we’ll help you grow, and develop your career
What you will be doing:
• Develop student’s awareness of study opportunities in UK in order to recruit students to GSUK Partner Universities.
• Follow-up with students who showed interest in studying in GSUK partner universities by using a range of technology and social media to contact students, in order to convert enquiries into applications.
• Provide advice on suitable universities and majors based on applicants’ previous academic performance and financial abilities.
• Advise students on CVs, cover letters and interviews and hold mock interviews and application form reviews.
• Perform admission functions by acquiring documents, completing Direct and UCAS applications, chasing offers.
• Counsel, apply and enroll students as per set target by ensuring conversion from lead to application and to enrolment.
• Openly communicate and regularly update students and parents on application and enrolment progress.
• Develop strong trustful relationships with Academic and Administration staff at Schools & Universities to facilitate the application and enrolment process.
• Liaise with Partner Institutions to get up-to-date information about courses, applications, admission procedures and student advancement.
• Provide visa support.
• Maintains records of recruitment efforts per department guidelines.
• Deliver regular reports on targets and compose a forecast for the next quarter.
• Represent Global Study UK and Partner Universities at GSUK Education Fairs/info-sessions/School visits as well as at the local and partner’s Events.
• Assist in the research and development of contact lists for potential new marketing and recruitment channels, partnerships, and outreach.
What we need from you:
Working at Global Study UK is not just about working. And it’s certainly not like working at other places. We value personality, individuality, creativity, doing right, continually improving, focus and passion
To succeed as our Education Counsellor , you will need:
• Bachelor’s Degree or above from an accredited institution of higher education
• Proven track record of relevant work experience; customer service or sales experience is beneficial
• Expert knowledge of UK HE system
• Awareness of UK immigration regulations, specifically Tier 4 Visa
• Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong presentation skills
• IT literacy, including MS Office, the internet and social media technologies
• Ability to work by targets
• Ability to multi-task and deliver work to strict deadlines
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Commitment to Global Study’s policy of equal opportunity and the ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds
• Highly motivated, focused and results driven
• Optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others
• To work at flexible schedule to meet customer’s needs:
• Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm (incl. 1 hour lunch)
• to work at weekends during Fairs/School Tours and other campaigns (approx. 8 Fairs/School Tours - 10 weekends a year)
• to work extra hours if requested
• to be accessible at weekends via phone/e-mail
• To represent GSUK at Universities’ Conferences
• To travel to MENA region if requested
Why work for Global Study UK?
We welcome you as you are, and you can find a job that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Global Study UK limitless possibilities.
By joining Global Study UK, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's education.