Job Title: Senior Accountant
Job Location: Iraq
Organization Type: Hospital
Job Brief: Our client (a hospital in Iraq) is looking for an organized and devoted senior accountant to join the accounting and finance team to oversee the hospital’s accounting cycle and its financial management.
• Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounting and financial transactions.
• Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries.
• Substantiate financial transactions by reviewing completeness and relevancy of associated documents.
• Examine statements of account to ensure accuracy of records.
• Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
• Attend to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end accounting closing processes.
• Communicate effectively with clients to sort out transactions and resolve issues.
• Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment.
• Attend to governmental declarations and obligations.
• Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues and improve profits.
• Keep information confidential and secure them with database backups.
• Keep up with relevant financial policies, regulation and legislation
• Address budget matters with management and provide recommendations based on expenditure as necessary.
• Advise on required actions to enhance financial performance and improve hospital cash flow.
• Coordinate with assigned auditors as necessary.
• At least 8 years of experience in accounting (At least 4 of which in a hospital setting)
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Equivalent
• Master’s degree in Accounting or Equivalent is a plus
• CMA certification is a plus
• Good Computer Skills in general, and Microsoft Office skills in specific
• Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
• Good time management
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Attention to detail and High Conscientiousness
• Good command of English and Arabic
Other Job Requirements
• Relocation to Iraq is required
• Competitive package paid in fresh US Dollars
• 15 days as annual leaves
• Accommodation Provided