For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Admissions Officer
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for an organized and devoted Admissions Officer to join its team. The Admissions Officer interviews patients on admission, records required personal information, secures signatures, and prepares and supplies patient data to appropriate hospital departments.
• Performs pre-admitting activities. Receives bookings from physicians and interviews patients before admission to obtain required information and to explain hospital policies. Screens insurance information to identify patients needing preadmission approval from third-party payors. Assembles admission folders containing paperwork for scheduled patients.
• Performs admitting activities. Greets patients and conducts patient interviews to obtain required information and signatures. Notifies nursing unit of patient arrival and assigns a volunteer if needed. Provides patient information literature.
• Prepares and distributes various admission forms.
• Serves as a liaison with insurance companies regarding the admission of their subscribers and logs notifications made.
• Answers daily inquiries regarding admitting procedures, hospital regulations and services; refers inquiries to appropriate person or department elsewhere in the hospital when necessary.
• Takes emergency bookings; assigns beds to new admissions; arranges transfers; maintains a list of available beds and bed board index of patients; enters discharges and transfers into the computer.
• At least 3 years of administrative experience in a medical or healthcare setting.
• Associate's degree in accounting, business, or economics may be preferred.
• Excellent communication skills to deal with patients.
• Good organizational skills to be able to locate files or patient records speedily.
• Attention to detail to maintain patient records proficiently.