For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Billing Manager
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for a professional and experienced billing manager. The Billing Manager is a full-time position responsible for overseeing the billing coding staff and making day-to-day decisions; responsible for understanding and coding all procedures; assists with following up on insurance claims, and submit appeals as needed. This position is responsible for directing and coordinating the overall functions of the billing and coding office to ensure maximization of cash flow while improving patient, physician, and other customer relations.
• Managing patient accounts and preparing invoices.
• Oversees the operations of the billing department, encompassing medical coding, charge entry, claims submissions, payment posting, accounts receivable follow-up, and reimbursement management
• Serves as the practice expert and go to person for all coding and billing processes
• Plans and directs patient insurance documentation, workload coding, billing and collections, and data processing to ensure accurate billing and efficient account collection
• Analyze billing and claims for accuracy and completeness; submit claims to proper insurance entities and follow up on any issues
• Maintains contacts with other departments to obtain and analyze additional patient information to document and process billings
• Prepares and analyzes accounts receivable reports, and weekly and monthly financial reports
• Audits current procedures to monitor and improve efficiency of billing and collections operations
• Ensures that the activities of the billing operations are conducted in a manner that is consistent with overall department protocol, and are in compliance with regulations, guidelines, and requirements
• Participates in the development and implementation of operating policies and procedures
• Reviews and interprets operational data to assess need for procedural revisions and enhancements; participates in the design and implementation of specific systems to enhance revenue and operating efficiency
• Analyzes trends impacting charges, coding, collection, and accounts receivable and take appropriate action to realign staff and revise policies and procedures
• Understands and remains updated with current coding and billing regulations and compliance requirements
• Maintains library of information/tools related to documentation guidelines and coding
• Supervises billing office personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and being available for staff needs; motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance
• Provides, oversees, and/or coordinates the provision of training for new and existing billing staff on applicable operating policies, protocols, systems and procedures, standards, and techniques
• Minimum of five years medical insurance/healthcare billing and collections experience in a medical practice or health system, with a deep understanding of medical billing rules and regulations
• Associates degree, preferably in business administration or related field; Bachelor degree preferred
• Two years supervisory or management experience preferred
• Knowledge of business management and basic accounting principles to direct the billing and coding office
• Excellent communication skills to deal with medical insurance companies and to explain financial matters to patients and staff.
• Attention to detail to maintain patient records proficiently and to check that the accounts have been entered accurately.
• Extensive Knowledge of medical coding procedures.