For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Billing Officer
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for an organized billing officer to join its team. The billing officer generates invoices, ensures that patients receive them, follows up on amounts outstanding, and makes arrangements with patients regarding overdue accounts.
• Managing patient accounts and preparing invoices.
• Inputting patient information and maintaining up-to-date records of patient data using computer software.
• Ensuring that the patients receive the accounts.
• Performing administrative tasks such as answering phone calls and responding to emails.
• Acquiring and recording medical aid details from patients and liaising with the medical aid organizations to obtain authorization on payments owed by patients.
• Following up with patients on accounts that are late as well as those which are overdue.
• Following work procedures while ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the hospital as well as governmental laws.
• Improving job knowledge and skills by networking and staying abreast of medical service rates in order to ensure up-to-date billing.
• Ensuring that patient records, accounts, and payments are meticulously handled.
• Keeping all patient records confidential.
• At least 3 years of administrative experience in a medical or healthcare setting.
• Associate's degree in accounting, business, or economics may be preferred.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Excellent communication skills to deal with medical insurance companies and to explain financial matters to patients and staff.
• Above-average organizational skills to be able to locate files or patient records speedily.
• Attention to detail to maintain patient records proficiently and to check that the accounts have been entered accurately.
• Proficiency in account data input to prepare statements for patients.
• Knowledge of medical coding procedures