For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Hematologist
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for professional hematologists to join its hematology team. Hematologists are medical practitioners who specialize in treating conditions of the blood. Their primary responsibilities include testing and diagnosing patients, treating diseases such as anemia or hemophilia and prescribing medications or dietary advice.
• Testing and diagnosing patients.
• Performing bone marrow aspirations for the detection of blood disorders.
• Conducting physical examinations and analyzing a patient's medical history.
• Studying lab tests, CAT scans, and MRIs for a more accurate diagnosis.
• Analyzing blood samples and identifying white or red blood cell abnormalities.
• Treating diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, or leukemia.
• Prescribing medications or dietary advice.
• Administering chemotherapy for the treatment of lymphoma or leukemia.
• Treating blood-clotting disorders.
• Maintaining detailed records of patients' health.
• Analyzing patient historical data and using data to make informed decisions.
• Using physicians' notes and recommendations when patients are referred to them.
• Potentially performing surgical operations.
• Consulting with other medical professionals in difficult cases.
• Medical degree.
• Completion of an internal medicine residency.
• Completion of a two-year hematology fellowship.
• Obtaining a hematology license.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication.
• Analytical mindset and good problem-solving ability.
• Diligence and attention to detail.
• Good organizational skills.