For a new hospital in Iraq:
Job Title: Sterilization Technician
Job Location: Iraq
Job Brief: The hospital is looking for Sterilization Technicians to join its team. A Sterile Processing Technician works to prepare, sterilize, install, assemble, or clean all laboratory or healthcare equipment required for surgeries, examinations, and medical procedures. The Sterile Processing Technician ensures equipment, instruments, and supplies can be reused safely to prevent infections
• Collecting used and contaminated equipment, instruments, and supplies for sorting and decontamination.
• Manually cleaning supplies of contaminants, removing waste matter, and operating and maintaining decontamination equipment.
• Preparing and packing decontaminated supplies for sterilization.
• Monitoring and operating sterilization equipment.
• Examining supplies meticulously to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized.
• Testing and reporting any issues or problems with the sterilization equipment.
• Sterilizing, preparing, wrapping, and organizing equipment into instrument trays for use during medical procedures.
• Preparing and delivering all necessary equipment and instruments for surgeries, examinations, medical procedures, and medical carts.
• Maintaining records of sterilization procedures, sterilized items, equipment maintenance, and supplies.
• Maintaining records of operation and calibration of sterilization equipment (steam autoclaves, gas chambers, etc.) and reporting any problems with sterilization equipment to facility staff are among the duties
• Controlling the inventory, reordering supplies, and checking expiration dates.
• Clean and sterilize hospital equipment such as respirators, beds and other life-support or monitoring equipment
• Maintain a supply of sterile disposables such as needles, gauze, syringes and disposable kits, ensuring they are not expired
• Bachelor degree in a health-related field
• Certification in Sterile Processing
• At least 3 years of experience as a Sterilization Technician
• Teamwork Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Passion for keeping people safe
• Manual Dexterity and the ability to handle fragile equipment