Come work at Silk Mile logistics a leading firm in our logistics services in the Middle East area. We are looking to hire an experienced Jr. Supply Chain Officer to help us keep growing. If you are hard-working and dedicated, apply today it is the ideal place for you. We work as a family in a modern environment.
Responsibilities for Supply Chain Officer
The following responsibilities are general and may differ depending on the necessities of the situation.
• Manage orders and arrange stocking of materials and equipment to ensure they meet needs
• Plan and track shipment of final products according to customer requirements.
• Communicate with suppliers and customers to achieve profitable deals and mutual satisfaction.
• Maintain logs and records of warehouse stock and executed orders.
• Recruit and coordinate logistics staff (e.g. truck driver's) according to availabilities and requirements.
• Prepare accurate reports for upper management.
• Prepare accurate invoices and quotations.
• Coordination of daily operations.
• Develop strong business relationships with such clients and gain their business for future development.
• Coordinate with the agents to ensure the flow of the shipment to the destination.
• Complete the selling for quotations and hand back the prices to the officer and keep a record for every request.
• Maintain and share with colleagues as appropriate, personal knowledge of all relevant import/export laws and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses, and restrictions.
• Be able to continue any shipment from any stage in unexpected circumstances.
• Send inquiries for agents to get rates
• Send clients the proposals after selling
• Follow up with clients to get feedbacks
• Keep a record of all sent proposals marked if accepted or not
• Build a list with preferred agents from all networks and countries