DISQO is a next-generation consumer insights platform. We provide the highest quality consumer data to the world's largest market research agencies, analytics companies, and brands. We operate one of the world's largest true consumer insights panels. This data helps our clients understand user behavior, build better experiences, and make better decisions. We utilize cutting-edge technology and innovative, out-of-the-box strategies to collect and analyze insights which help shape the products and services of tomorrow.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, exciting & highly motivated team and upgrade your skills while creating real impact. We use a modern tech stack and cloud infrastructure. We are not only looking for work experience, but rather the willingness to step up to challenges and the ability to learn quickly.
We believe the best software is written and managed by small teams that know how to make the impossible possible. We use agile software development techniques and modern tools to focus our efforts on solving our business goals. We use OKR’s to track everything we do. We deliver early and often. We obsess over our code, architecture, and infrastructure. And we believe that these practices lead to higher quality products.
Role: As a member of the Engineering management team at DISQO, you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and growing Software Engineers, and building a highly-effective Software Engineering team within an Agile environment. Your primary goal will be to drive your team to turn a concept into reality and ensure consistent delivery of high-quality, scalable and innovative software.
As an Engineering Manager, you are a dynamic leader who drives an engineering team to new heights each and every day. You will work closely with Product Management and other technical leaders to stay ahead of the curve with our products and architecture. You will be responsible for Engineering craftsmanship and best practices on your team, drive improvements as-necessary and most importantly mentor engineers on your team to be just as awesome as you are.
· Manage an Agile process that consistently delivers a quality product to customers
· Rally your team to make and keep commitments to customers, the business, and themselves
· Partner up with your team’s Product Manager in planning and preparing your team’s backlog
Mentor, coach, and assist team members to be productive and efficient contributors
· Meet with your team to ensure their path for success is clear and we’re instilling and exhibiting the right behaviors to ensure consistent, high-quality delivery
· Create proposals for the creation and modification of our processes and technology roadmaps in your designated area
· Work with our Technical Program Managers to navigate inter-team dependencies, identify critical paths and plan release trains
· Lead interviews to find the next great engineer or leader.
· 7+ years in software engineering with 3+ years of recent hands-on experience managing mobile software engineering teams, preferably with a solid knowledge of Kotlin/Java and Swift/Objective C
· 3 + years experience with building and delivering mobile applications on Android and iOS
· Demonstrate advanced knowledge of software engineering practices, design patterns, craftsmanship, metrics, quality and testing procedures, process creation and enablement
· Established track record of being the go-to person for your teams, spearheading or injecting yourself in necessary discussions to ensure you’re always in the loop and your teams always have what they need to be successful
· Experience optimizing software delivery through the use of metrics to ensure your team is always running efficiently and constantly striving to improve
· Ability to adjust and adapt to changing situations in stride communicating effectively to achieve buy-in and minimizing the downstream effect on performance and morale
· Excellent risk management skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Nice to have:
· Have a unique experience in microservices architectures, real-time or massively distributed systems, big data, analytics or AI, or public cloud/PaaS systems like AWS.
· Experience in developing and maintenance of mobile SDKs used by some contracts in the main app.
· Experience of how proxies can be set up on mobile/wifi networks.
· Experience in implementing secure APIs and a good understanding of digital certificates, signatures, etc.