We are seeking a talented QA Automation Engineer to design testing procedures for our software applications. In this role, will be responsible for analyzing the functionality of applications and designing automated tests to validate their performance.
To ensure success as a QA Automation Engineer, you should have advanced programming skills, a keen eye for detail, and excellent project management skills. A skilled QA Automation Engineer can design and write efficient test procedures for every software application.
QA Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Identifying software application weaknesses and target areas.
- Sketching out ideas for automated software test procedures.
- Reviewing software bug reports and highlighting problem areas.
- Writing automation scripts and implementing software applications.
- Designing and installing software databases.
- Troubleshooting automation software and finalizing system procedures.
- Identifying quality issues and creating test reports.
- Collaborating with the development team to solve application faults.
- Creation and maintenance of design/technical documentation related to QA Automation solutions.
- Develop and code medium and large integration tests and work on central test infrastructure and assist software developers with specific unit-testing issues.
QA Automation Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a similar field.
- At least 2 years experience in QA Automation Engineer
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies
- Experience with testing Web and mobile (iOS and Android) applications using both manual and automated approach
- Experience with network packet sniffing, debugging and automating network calls for QA (Wireshark, Charles Proxy, Fiddler)
- Experience with Katalon, Selenium and Appium
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket/Git or other similar systems
- Knowledge of scrum and agile methodologies
- Ability to test for cross browser compatibility issues
- Team player with the desire to own projects and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented with good time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Keeps up to date on industry best practices and technology