We are looking for UI/UX Designer with basic front-end development skills, or an interest in front-end, to help build, design, and maintain our SAAS Ecommerce Platform.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will:
- Take ownership of the design and conceptualizing of our platform and features, from brainstorming, UX, and crafting UI designs and deliverables.
- Be involved from the feature ideations to implementation, and work closely with the development team.
- Work closely with the Product Manager to keep User and Business needs aligned.
- Take ownership of the design process from conceptualisation, wireframing, visual design, and prototyping.
- Create, document, and update our design system to help the platform scale workflows and keep a clear and consistent design identity.
- Participate in setting up user testing procedures with users.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research to help the team make informed decisions.
- Iterate on designs, improve, and update our platform features based on user feedback.
- Think outside the screen, and be involved in the bigger picture by aligning business and user needs and product goals.
- A bachelor's degree (preferably design based).
- 3 years plus of experience in UX, UI, and product design.
- Understand the principles of User Centered Design
- Comfortable with Adobe XD
- Understand best practices and be able to apply heuristic analysis.
- Comfortable designing in multiple responsive views between desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- Good research skills and capable of doing an independent competitive analysis
- Fluent in English and Arabic.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong listening, observational and analytical skills
- Team player and comfortable with working in teams and understanding different points of views.
- Able to handle constructive critique, while also able to stand-by your designs and defend your work logically.
- Experience with Ecommerce website best practices
- Experience with SAAS platform best practices
Bonus points for:
- Having obtained a certification in Design
- Thinking and familiar with holding impromptu sessions with the Product team.
- Having a certification in User Experience design
- Understand WCAG requirements and an understanding of accessibility and inclusive design guidelines.
- Willingness to learn and constantly improve to create a well-rounded knowledge-base for yourself to help the team improve.