• Managing patient accounts and preparing invoices.
• Inputting patient information and maintaining up-to-date records of patient data using computer software.
• Ensuring that the patients receive the accounts.
• Performing administrative tasks such as answering phone calls and responding to emails.
• Acquiring and recording medical aid details from patients and liaising with the medical aid company to obtain authorization on payments owed by patients.
• Following up with patients on accounts that are late as well as those which are seriously overdue.
• Following work procedures methodically while ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of the hospital
• Ensuring that patient records, accounts, and payments are accurately handled.
• Keeping all patient records confidential.
• A high school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting is a plus
• At least 2 years of administrative experience in a medical or healthcare setting.
• Basic mathematical skills.
• Excellent communication skills to deal with medical insurance companies and to explain financial matters to patients and staff.
• Advanced organizational skills to be able to locate files or patient records speedily.
• Attention to detail to maintain patient records proficiently and to check that the accounts have been entered accurately.
• The ability to process cash or credit card payments.
• Proficiency in account data input to prepare statements for patients.