Responsibilities and duties
1. Oversee the company's transaction processing systems and ensure department policies and procedures are followed.
2. Present recommendations to management on short- and long-term financial objectives and policies.
3. Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
4. Review and sign daily accounting entries, and ensure the accuracy of accounting transactions.
5. Oversee and manage the month-end and year-end closing process.
6. Review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy, completeness and accurate delivery of financial statements and reporting.
7. Perform budget forecasts and consistently work on costs reductions.
8. Prepare and compile all taxes (VAT, Income Tax, Tax on Salaries, Social Security.)
9. Conduct monthly physical inventories, establish physical inventory procedures, inventory controls and cycle counting processes.
10. Monitor inventory transactions and inventory adjustments.
11. Audit accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinate with outside auditors and provide needed information for the annual external financial and operational audit.
12. Responsible of training and supervising accounting staff.
13. Undertake any other reasonable task requested by the Management.
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• Certificate in Accounting or equivalent.
• Certificate in Public Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
• knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
• Knowledge of audit practices.
• At least 5-10 years of experience in similar field.
• Computer skills.
• English, French and Arabic proficiency.