• Lead and/or manage assigned corporate law related cases from conception to finalization under the supervision of the Partner
• Review case details and ensure any gaps in information/instructions are addressed in a timely manner
• Conduct legal research to gather evidence for case preparation and to provide sound legal opinions and technical advice to clients
• Negotiate, draft and review complex legal documentation related to related cases/transactions
• Review legal documentation produced by Associates & members of the Paralegal team for accuracy, relevance and alignment to the Firm’s work standards
• Contribute to building and maintaining strong client relationships in order to strengthen the Firms’ reputation and brand image
• Work with Business Development and/or Partners to identify and pursue opportunities to grow the practice area and strengthen client relationships
• Pursue opportunities to upsell & cross-sell the Firm’s services to existing clients
• Ensure billable hours are recorded on a daily basis and is aligned to the agreed contractual terms to support Finance in preparing and processing invoices in a timely and accurate manner
• Coach, mentor and support Associates & members of the Paralegal team to facilitate on-the-job learning as required
• Assist in the development of new proposals and recovery of outstanding invoices as and when required
• Bachelor’s degree in Law from a reputable university.
• Minimum 6 years of proven experience in corporate law gained at a top US, UK or regional law firms.
• The ideal candidate must have significant exposure to high-profile deals, from inception to completion and post-completion.
• Excellent communication skills and writing abilities.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Fluent in Arabic and English.