1. Purpose Statement:
The overall objective of the Account manager is to ensure the renewal of customer contracts and grow the share of business within the customer, in addition to identifying opportunities for the upsell of new products and services in order to grow the accounts within their existing customer portfolio.
2. Main Accountabilities:
• Maintains good relationships with key individuals within a specified number of accounts and/or within a geographically defined territory.
• Responsible for expanding and retaining accounts while ensuring ongoing excellent customer service.
• Primary sales point-of-contact for the account represents the organisation to the customer and the customer to the organisation.
• Responsible for mapping customer requirements to company products and services to grow company’s share.
• Develops strategies and maximize sales volume and profit goals within assigned account/territory and accordingly builds and maintains an appropriate sales plan.
• Responsible for account penetration and sales growth.
• Builds and qualifies pipeline opportunities.
• Achieves forecast accuracy in line within the company framework.
• Maintains complete and up to date Account plans as necessary, achieving buy-in for plans with the customer.
• To commit to and achieve monthly and yearly targets set by management in collaboration with the sales team. This is an integral part of your employment.
• Submit an advanced weekly sales plan
• Identify and analyse competition continuously and report.
• To ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all agencies.
3. Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
• Demonstrates excellent account/relationship management, having developed, and cultivated lasting customer relationships.
• Has a proven track record of achievement against target and personal objectives.
• Proven ability to take ownership of accounts and pro-actively drive the relationship with the customer.
• Proven customer engagement skills.
• Proven track record in a solution selling capacity within high-tech and/or travel industry.
• Solid understanding of Travelport’s Products, Support & Services offerings, continually developing knowledge.
• Develops and maintains knowledge of customer buying process.
• Comprehensive knowledge of accounts, competitors the market and the industry.
• Good presentation skills.
• Excellent time management.
• Excellent negotiation skills.
• Understanding of and compliance with legal terms & conditions.
• Maintains a structured approach in managing the customer, logging customer activities and communications appropriately.
• Self-confident and self-aware with presence and credibility.
• Self-starter with ability to apply initiative.
• Approaches task with dynamism, drive, and focus.
• Holds self-accountable.
• Takes ownership of understanding the Sales Incentive Plan (SIP).
Education & Qualifications
• Further education qualification preferred or equivalent experience.
4. Key Measures
• Manage Account profitability.
• Profitable revenue growth: overall segment increase, overall revenue increase.
• Increased adoption of products and services.
• Sales engagement: Account penetration.
• Renew all customers in renewal window.
• Manage account profitability.
• Stay within incentive guidelines.
• Maintain accurate reporting.
• Expand knowledge base of both products and services as well as sales methodologies.
5. Working Relationship
• Work comfortably at a senior level in existing customer accounts.
• Effectively influence and work the internal structure to relay customer requirements and get assistance where appropriate in creating potential solutions.
• Collaborate with colleagues at all levels across company.
• Interfaces with all levels of management negotiating and influencing to build consensus.