Responsible for negotiating contracts with vendors as well as reviewing product quality and delivery times to ensure suppliers are complying with their contracts.
RESPONSIBILITIES (not limited to)
• Create and maintain good relationships with vendors, suppliers, and partners.
• Develop and maintain a food management database to keep accurate records of inventory, purchases and waste of food, beverages and supplies.
• Order products and supplies which includes determining the appropriate vendor (i.e. comparing price and quality standards) and entering purchases into the food management database.
• Source and recommend new vendors.
• Ensure food and beverage items are in stock at the appropriate time and in optimal condition, including items with short life spans like produce and dairy.
• Receive, verify accuracy and quality of orders before confirming receipt and contacting suppliers of incomplete deliveries and follow up to verify / confirm future delivery expectations.
• Ensure food is properly stored and maintained including proper stock rotation in fridges, freezers, etc.
• Ensure a safe and sanitary environment adhering to industry standards for all food service storage areas.
• Perform inventory counts on a regular basis, capture data collected into the food management database and works with accounting department for reconciliation.
•Use food inventory management database to track food and beverages ordered, amounts used, and costs.
• Code invoices, forward to finance for processing of vendor payment and reconcile invoices weekly and/or monthly.
• Coordinate the delivery and ensure receipt of, food and beverage products and supplies.
• Assist with and/or coordinate with the executive chef the preparation and storage of fresh produce for future use.
• Post-secondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include Culinary, with a food management class.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in food and beverage purchasing and receiving.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with a Food Management System and inventory software.
• Computer skills with experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel Outlook, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills with a solution-focused approach.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks to ensure deadlines are met in an environment of conflicting deadlines and interruptions.
• Self-directed with the ability to take initiative, work independently as well as within a team environment.
• Good judgement and decision-making abilities.