- Responsible for achieving maximum sales volume and profitability, growth, and account penetration by effectively selling the company’s products.
- Responsible for delivering volume, distribution, and visibility objectives in allocated area, by optimizing resource utilization, coaching and motivating direct reports.
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager to develop strategies that increase sales and market share.
- Perform duties in accordance with Malia Group Policies and Procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
On Team Leadership
• Ensure appropriate coaching for team members for a proper understanding of the products/brands portfolio, customers, market in order to achieve set objectives and follow-up on test results to address learning gaps with the Educator
• Perform regular co-riding with team members to ensure proper implementation of the directives and techniques handed and ensure optimal performance in the field. Set coaching plans accordingly to improve performance
• Guide and assist all customer consultants to achieve their respective sales targets and distribution according to brand and outlet
• Support the team as needed for achieving sales targets (orders, offers, promotions...) and replace team members during absences, workload or high seasons
• Upon new launches, follow-up closely with the educator on the delivery of planned training sessions to the team and customers
• Maintain a good relation with current customers’ database and grow the database by acquiring new accounts to push the sales further
• Open high potential accounts, recruit insiders, direct the team’s performance… to achieve planned yearly net sales target per brand/sub-brand and channel
• Ensuring proper product/brand positioning among competitors, while elaborating/implementing creative strategic plans to achieve set targets
• Ensure marketing initiatives are properly implemented & visibility objectives are met (POS material, planograms…)
• Provide recommendations on promotional plans to the Business Unit Manager, come up with creative ideas to deplete slow moving items
On Customer Satisfaction
• Enforce necessary follow-up measures and corrective actions to increase the sales and speed up the delivery
• Monitor customer satisfaction (field visits or surveys) and ensure that any request raised is dealt with on the spot
• Establish and maintain close working relationship with trade, focusing on Key outlets (Owner/ category managers...)
• Review with the Business Unit Manager customers’ potential vs. current performance and suggest penetration methodologies
• Ensure the filling of the daily, weekly and monthly reporting templates (competition news/ achievement vs. target/ challenges, opportunities and recommendations.)
• Conduct weekly meetings with the team to discuss the status of the various KPIs vs. targets and to set CAPA plans accordingly to reach them (targets, activation, collection, new accounts...)
• Contribute proactively with the Talent Acquisition Team in filling vacancies timely. Design/update related JD and on-boarding programs and ensure their proper understanding & implementation
• Celebrate achievements, highlight to PCM people with potential to offer them perspective for growth, issue misconducts and enroll under-performers in related program
• Provide direct reports with needed resources/tools and guidance to fulfill their role properly and set their training needs and development plan in coordination with L&DM
• Set direct reports annual Business Goals and required competencies and conduct quarterly feedback sessions to appraise their performance. Monitor continuously direct report productivity and take corrective actions in due time
BA in Business Administration or Management, Master in Marketing
3 to 5 years of experience in selling FMCG products. Plus 2 years in leading a team.