We are looking for a cost analyst to support our management consultancy team in analyzing our clients’ costs. The role of the cost analyst is to examine the cost structure and performance of a certain business and explore potential improvement opportunities.
- Calculate cost of goods manufactured and cost (valuation) of inventory.
- Map down old and new processes as need be to visualize cost inheritance paths.
- Pinpoint cost indicators required for measurement and advise on tool/procedure/template to get suggested measures.
- Pinpoint the cost structure of the business and categorize costs accordingly.
- Monitor inventory management and cost management systems, plan inputs and outputs of recorded transactions, and coordinate with software developer to understand how calculations are made.
- Coordinate with software developer for new reporting requirements and system amendment.
- Gather and analyze financial data given identified processes, indicators, and recorded transactions of inventory movement and cost tracking.
- Forecast and analyze costs of adopted processes, labor, inventory, etc.
- Suggest cost reduction plans to increase the profitability of the business.
- Share cost reports and operational insights with management and recommend purchase maximums to procurement and pricing minimums to sales.
- At least 3 years of experience in cost analysis / control and financial / operational analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business / accounting / finance / engineering
- MBA is a plus
- Aptitude for numbers and mathematical calculations
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel is a must
- Solid understanding of information systems
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Good Communication skills
- Good Presentation skills
- Attention to Detail
Other conditions: requires field effort and visits to clients