Scope and Purposes
The Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, implementation, and evaluation of policies, processes, systems, and technologies that enhance student interest, application, and transition to the University.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities: (not all-inclusive)
• Supervises the daily execution of recruitment and outreach strategies.
• Develops and implement processes, systems, and materials that effectively support outreach and enrollment management goals.
• Supervises and evaluates the effectiveness of initiatives of the Admissions department.
• Works with university constituencies on the development and implementation of processes designed to enhance prospective student transition to the University.
• Collaborates with other departments on outreach and events.
• Assists in the planning and development of digital and print media for recruitment in collaboration with Public Relations and Marketing.
• Provides leadership in the design and implementation of computerized systems for enrollment management purposes and reporting. Manages prospect and applicant records, academic data maintained in the Student Information System, and applicant records in a secure & confidential manner.
• Directs and evaluates the processes pertaining to prospective student outreach through to matriculation.
• Assists in the development and supervision of scholarship programs for new students: AUK, government, and donors.
• Interfaces with prospective students and parents as required.
• Develops and disseminate admissions calendars and enrollment reports.
• Supervises and evaluates staff and collaborates with staff to plan for their professional development.
• Develops and ensures compliance of policies and procedures as defined by professional guidelines.
• Establishes and maintains ongoing liaison with schools, area colleges and universities, and community.
• Represents AUK at various local and regional meetings and other assigned events.
• Serves on University committees as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum of Master’s degree in Higher Education, Student Personnel Administration, or related field.
3 to 5 years of professional experience in higher education with management experiences in admissions, scholarship, student records, registration, planning and scheduling processes, systems and technologies.
• Knowledge in the design, development, and evaluation of admissions, records, and registration processes.
• Bilingual is a must.
• Knowledge of undergraduate students, curriculum, academic policies and procedures, and outreach and retention strategies.
• Ability to diagnose issues from systems perspective and design strategies that fix the system.
• The ability to interact effectively with faculty and students, and, to work some flexible hours.
• Organizational and managerial skills with a focus on customer service. Computer literacy is required
• The ability to travel if required.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates can apply through our Career Portal: https://careers.auk.edu.kw/
- You can know more about AUK by visiting our website https://www.auk.edu.kw/