The Accounting Manager will handle the overall management and supervision of the accounting department. This include overseeing the work of accountants, preparing and confirming financial statements, and preparing reports for upper management. He should also develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
• Lead and develop a diversified team of 10 Senior Accountants and cashiers.
• Ensures adherence to company’s policies and procedures.
• Manage the accounting and financial reporting process, monthly and annual fiscal closing processes, review journal entries, account reconciliations and variance analysis.
• Prepare financial statements and deliver internal management reporting
• Oversee ageing reports and cash flow performance, ensure cash availability to attend to liabilities.
• Develop a working knowledge of each business operation.
• Discuss financial results with Management and respond to inquiries.
• Review project financial performance.
• Ensure customer billings are processed accurately and timely.
• Manage audit requests and deliver schedules by communicating regularly with internal and external audit teams.
• Develop processes, drive continuous improvement, coordinate requirements upstream and downstream in the organization.
• Perform ad-hoc projects as needed, including those which may involve complex or advanced accounting concepts. Coordinate communications with Operations, work with Technical Accounting on proper treatment, and follow up on implementation.
• Processes and controls invoices, bank statements and salaries in SAP system
• Proactively performs preventive quality controls and initiates corrective actions when necessary
• BA in Accounting or Finance, Master’s and / or CPA or CMA certification is an asset
• Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in accounting, preferably in a construction and / or project-based industries.
• Professional French language is a must
• Good command in English is a plus
• Cost center management experience is a must
• Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and video conferencing)
• Very good knowledge of MS Office applications and especially Excel
• High standards of business ethics and professional conduct
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Capacity to organize time and plan actions effectively so as to meet simultaneous deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Perseverance and results orientation
• Precision and reliability; ability to work autonomously
• Attention to detail and High Conscientiousness
• Leadership skills (leading big teams up to 10 finance personnel)