Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Project Manager executes and finalizes projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. He is responsible for the overall direction, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. He also has to coordinates the efforts of team members and 3rd party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
• Payment certificates
• Good relationship with Clients and Architects
• Variation order
• Timely project handing over
• Good installation quality
SUMMARY OF PROJECT MANAGER JOB DUTIES
• Reviews the project specifications, conditions of contract, drawings and bill of quantities received.
• Prepares and submits to the procurement department a bill of material for the project
• Coordinates with the operations manager for the preparation of the advance payment guarantee, performance bond and security insurances.
• Issues payment certificates to meet the project’s cash flow requirement
• Reviews and evaluates organizational chart, material schedule, shop drawing schedule, method statements, planning, quantity take-off and operating budget.
• Supervises the preparation and execution of the project’s mock-up and fabrication samples
• Prepares and issues production orders with respect of the planning and the site requirement
• Supervises and manages the installation on site.
• Organizes and distributes work tasks among his team according to the established schedule and operating budget
• Monitors productivity to ensure maximum time and cost efficiency of the site labor force.
• Follows up with the procurement department and the warehouse to insure the availability of materials and equipment required.
• Coordinates with the human resources department for all staff requirements for project completion within required time and budget.
• Coordinates with the procurement department for the nomination of required sub-contractors on the project.
• Reviews and evaluates the work of sub-contractors to identify deficiency of resources and to insure the best quality of installation in timely manner.
• Prepares and submits to the operations manager a daily report on the activities done
• Refers to the operations manager for the project variation requested by the client before its execution
• Issues the variation order promptly
• Prepares the periodic progress reports presented to the client’s engineer.
• Reviews, checks and approves sub-contractors’ periodic statements and final account in coordination with the procurement department.
• Coordinates with the operations manager for any revision required by the site due to changes in conditions or installation methods.
• Reviews the cost control and submits his comments (if needed) to the projects operations manager or general manager.
• Presents a weekly report to the operations manager to discuss progress and plan of work
• Coordinates and insures good work relationship with the client’s representative and Architect in order to satisfy the client’s needs.
• Supervises the application of company safety and security regulations in coordination with the safety officer.
• Prepares all the correspondence with the client’s representative and engineer in coordination with the operations manager.
• Coordinates with the shop drawing engineers and architect for the eventual generation of the shop drawings and “as-built” drawings.
• Coordinates with the client’s engineer for the issuance of the taking-over certificate.
• Insures, upon completion of the project, the handing over to the client and submits the end-of-project reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
Architect with more than 10 years of experience preferably in wood and steel works execution, strong personality, good organization and leadership skills, computer literate, good knowledge of AutoCAD, and MS Office, good command of English and French.