Experience in a pharma group is a plus!
Accountant Officer duties:
1. Processing, verifying, and posting receipts for goods sold or services rendered.
2. Researching and resolving account discrepancies.
3. Processing and recording transactions.
4. Maintaining records regarding payments and account statuses.
5. Obtaining information from other departments to ensure records are accurate and complete and that accounts receivable ledgers and journals are up-to-date.
6. Working with the collections department to review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms.
7. Performing administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bill reminders, filing paperwork, and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
8. Generating reports and statements for internal use.
9. Engaging in ongoing educational opportunities to update job knowledge.
10. Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are accurate.
11. Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations.
12. Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
13. Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned.
14. Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed.
15. Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports.
16. Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings.
17. Assist with other accounting projects.
Requirements and Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related.
2. Minimum 4 years of accounting work experience.
3. Fluent in English and French (Speaking, Writing and reading).
4. Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
5. Meticulous attention to detail with the superb organizational skills.
6. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
7. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.