Directs warehousing activities and manages all incoming and outgoing materials and items.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Receiving Products
• Receives raw material shipments, monitors the item-count operation, and notifies the Operations Manager of any discrepancies.
• Issues a delivery-in for each shipment via the ERP software.
• Archives all the documents for each received shipment.
2. Inter-Company Transfers
• Issues delivery-in’s and delivery-out’s via the ERP software for any items transferred between departments.
• Transfers products from the warehouse to the requesting department or notifies procurement in case any requested item is not available.
• Archives all the documents related to each fulfilled transfer request.
3. Inventory Count
• Updates inventory-on-hand at the warehouse on a daily basis using an Excel spreadsheet.
• Conducts surprise inventory counts on a periodic basis for all warehouses and production departments.
• Manages the end-of-year inventory count and signs off on the final count.
• Archives documentation for periodic and yearly inventory counts.
4. Client Shipments
• Prepares all shipments with proper packaging and ensures that all required documentation has been provided by the Logistics Department before dispatching.
• Issues a delivery-out for all the shipped products.
• Prepares periodic reports regarding the available products on-hand, slow moving items, returns, cancellations, and material shortages.
• Establishes operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
• Inspects physical condition of warehouse and equipment to ensure proper functioning as per the implemented security and safety policies.
• Manages the drivers' daily schedule.
• Maintains an Excel spreadsheet to monitor fuel expenses and maintenance cycles of equipment.
• Ensures that all vehicles are parked in the company’s premises at the end of each working day.
Directly supervises employees in the Warehouse.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Cost Consciousness: Conserves organizational resources
• Ethics: Works with integrity and principles; Upholds organizational values
• Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values
• Judgement: Exhibits sound and accurate judgement; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process
• Planning/Organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks
• Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments
• Quality: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
• Quantity: Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly
• Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
• Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
• Dependability: Follows instructions, responds to management direction
• Communication Skills: Writes clearly and informatively
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or Technical Certificate plus five to seven years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Fluent in Arabic, English, and French
• Inventory control or ERP software
• Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook