The Procurement Planning Officer is responsible of ensuring the supply of the right quantities of raw materials, in the right time and from the right supplier. He/she negotiates bids, follow up with concerned parties up to the delivery of the goods. his responsibilities iinclude but are not limited to:
1. Liaise with all departments regarding needed Purchase Requests
2. Prepare budgets and forecasts of materials based on forecasted production and sales
3. Research and identify prospective suppliers
4. Prepare proposals, request quotes and negotiate purchase terms and conditions
5. Prepare and issue purchase orders
6. Coordinate with logistics and supplier regarding delivery terms,
7. Coordinate with quality department, inspect and evaluate the quality and quantity of purchased items and resolve shortcomings or concerns.
8. Maintain positive and strong supplier relations
9. Initiate and lead continuous improvement efforts to improve cost of goods.
10. Control the Raw Materials stock on a weekly basis and communicate with Production Department to ensure replenishment in time of low-level stock items according to set production plan.