The Language Platform (TLP) is seeking highly skilled and experienced Senior Linguists to join its team on a freelance basis.
The Senior Linguist will assume a number of different linguistic functions, including translation, proofreading, editing, copyediting, content development, etc. They will also be responsible for verifying the quality of translated documents.
Tasks are inclusive of, but not limited to:
1- Translation (2,000-2,500 words per day);
2- Proofreading (8,000-10,000 words per day);
3- Editing (per-job calculation);
4- Copyediting (per-job calculation);
5- Creating glossaries;
6- Mentoring and providing guidance to junior linguists and contribute to their professional development.
• Minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role;
• Bachelor’s degree in Translation or relevant discipline. A Master’s degree is a plus;
• Demonstrated experience in translation and proofreading in diverse thematic specialties;
• Understanding of linguistic products and entrepreneurship in general.
• Self-motivated with a strong sense of professionalism and ethics;
• Strong organizational skills, punctuality and attention to detail;
• Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively within a team;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Note: Rate will be determined based on experience and on the results of the placement test.