A leading Architecture and Engineering consultancy firm is looking for an Urban Designer to join the team in Beirut.
The ideal candidate will execute urban planning designs from project initiation to closure, ensuring adherence to deadlines, budgets, quality requirements, and contract obligations in order to fulfill client requirements. They will ensure that the design intent is maintained throughout the project lifecycles.
• Prepare Urban Planning (Concept, Developed and Technical) Designs of the project in accordance with the Initial Project Brief and Design Matrix Responsibility,
• Understand owner/client requirements as reflected in TORs/RFPs issued by owners/clients; attend pre-tender meetings as and when required in order to gain clarifications on owner/client requirements
• Review prospective urban planning projects and advise management on technical approach and staffing requirements
• Assist in gaining approvals for preliminary designs from the relevant government authorities across the lifecycle of the project
• Assist the Project Manager in ensuring client approval on final working drawings
• Coordinate effectively with team members throughout project lifecycles (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.); review and understand their drawings and specifications to ensure that adequate provisions in their designs are made based on architectural designs
• Ensure the integrity of the design intent remains throughout the life cycle of the project
• Ensure that drawings are clear (properly dimensioned, all notes included, legends, north points, all information reflected)
• Remain abreast with advancements and developments in codes of practices (both local and international), ensure their application to designs developed by the section
• Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards, applicable laws and regulations; monitor all section staff and ensure their compliance to the same
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Urban Planning - LEED is a plus
• 4 to 6 years of experience
• Proficiency in using Revit modeling software, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, illustrator.