A leading Architecture and Engineering Consultancy firm is looking for a Senior Urban Designer to join the team in Beirut.
The ideal candidate will assume lead professional roles in all urban planning projects and oversee output submitted by the company's subcontractors/partners engaged in planning projects.
• Supervise and approve the development of projects from concept to completion and ensure that it caters effectively to client and comply with local statutory requirements during RFPs issued by the company
• Review prospective urban planning projects and advise management on technical approach and staffing requirements
• Understand owner/client requirements as reflected in TORs/RFPs issued by owners/clients; attend pre-tender meetings as and when required in order to gain clarifications on owner/client requirements
• Support other Heads of Sections in the evaluation of proposals submitted by sub-consultants
• Assume project responsibilities for all urban planning work through regular team interaction, constant monitoring of the project, etc
• Lead projects independently by devising project direction, strategy, and technical responsibility for all meetings and presentations to client body
• Establish internal project milestones and timeframes to guide all projects, ensuring that projects are completed within the allocated timeframe and assigned budget; supervise section staff to ensure their adherence to the same at all times and assist them in meeting project milestones (as and when required)
• Ensure the integrity of the design intent remains throughout the life cycle of the project
• Ensure that drawings are clear (properly dimensioned, all notes included, legends, north points, all information reflected)
• Remain abreast with advancements and developments in codes of practices (both local and international), ensure their application to designs developed by the section
• Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards, applicable laws and regulations; monitor all section staff and ensure their compliance to the same
• Assist the Project Manager in ensuring client approval on final working drawings
• Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or Urban Planning - LEED is a plus
• 10+ years of experience
• Proficiency in using Revit modeling software, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, illustrator.