The Quality Control Chemist will be involved in the collection and analysis of paint and raw material samples. The candidate will develop and coordinate special programs and projects related to quality control; review
laboratory practices and procedures to ensure compliance with local and international quality assurance and safety standards and perform related work as required.
• Implement and administer Quality Control work on a daily basis.
• Responsible for implementing a comprehensive Quality Control program for use in the laboratory and in the field to ensure high quality analytical results.
• Maintain and update current MSDS and creating new ones.
• Rack and archive lab samples.
• Prepare and maintain safety data sheets.
• Prepare and maintain test sheets per each product.
• Prepare and/or maintain computer programs for compiling quality control data (ERP).
• Maintain and review the Laboratory’s Quality Control manual and quality control charts.
• Monitor and maintain the laboratory quality assurance database.
• Prepare or review the preparation of control limits, detection limits, and action levels for laboratory analyses.
• Maintain the Quality Management System in accordance with ISO standards.
• Advise management on quality objectives and monitor output.
• Conduct training to colleagues as necessary to meet quality objectives.
• Maintain both electronic and hard copy filing systems.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
• A bachelor’s degree in chemistry or related field is a must
• Knowledgeable in using Microsoft Office applications including word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
• Knowledge of Arabic and English