- Responsible for assessing the credit worthiness of new and existing clients.
- Responsible for monitoring the financial situation of doubtful clients following-up to align payments with client terms.
- Work closely with sales teams to ensure healthy collection rates.
- Perform duties in accordance with Malia Group Policies and Procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Clients on cash basis - New clients
- Approve the creation of customers’ accounts for assigned companies on system: Ensure all client information is available and complete before sending approval for invoicing.
Clients on Credit basis
- Credit check new customers and open new credit accounts ensuring the company has all relevant information on debtor: Obtain sufficient information to assess the credit worthiness by performing a background check for each customer on credit basis and requesting needed documentation to rate client eligibility
- Approve excess limit or credit change
- Check the system daily for blocked orders (for client with excess limits/due invoices) and insert needed comments. Upon payment receipt/check receipt, go to system and release orders
Client status change/update
- Maintain accurate and up to date client details and account records: Mention continuously any information related to the client (returned checks, checks postponement, and financial information).
- Handle the processing of orders requesting occasional modifications in terms of payments of clients.
- Make sure that clients’ accounts on system are kept updated
- Quarterly review all clients credit limits vs. turnover and amend/propose new terms upon need. Make sure, in coordination with MIS team, that all information is updated on system
On Account Management
- Monitor overdue payments, anticipate developments and identify accounts which require special attention
- Follow-up closely the payment of unpaid checks. Block the account on system of doubtful client/client with returned check reception.
- Contact the customers to clarify/resolve pending matters before releasing client on system.
- Handle disputed accounts and negotiate with clients to bring payment in line with terms.
- Ensure timely delivery of statement of accounts, occurrence of accounts reconciliation, and issuance of credit notes
- For contracting customers, send out monthly client statement/letters to the procurement department and sales coordinator of concerned companies
On Collection target
- Track, daily, the collection rate by salesman; report on daily/weekly any discrepancy to concerned supervisor and sales manager. Follow-up on corrective action taken.
On Departmental Policies & Procedures
- Monitor continuously the security of the system to avoid discrepancies & Leakage
- Suggest corrective actions/procedure to improve the business process/ optimize the resources.
On Reporting and Record Keeping
- Keep record of all communication with customers
- Prepare monthly summary reports (target/challenges/opportunity for improvement/Outstanding issues/potential debtors)
- BA in Auditing, Accounting & Finance
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting, Credit, or related experience